Monday, January 12, 2009

Myself

I have to choose a song for my graduation class, and then a song for my own personal slide show. The music I choose will show everyone my culmination of music. I struggle though, because I am not really sure who I am. Do I choose my best friends favorite song? It is a favorite to me because it is hers' and when I listen to it I think of her. Do I choose the song I got from an ex, a song that has earned extra meaning because of all the memory attached to it. To be honest I'm not really sure. The song is suppose to be my theme song. Its not a super serious issue. But it is to me. What if I dont have a 'theme song'? Songs are my favorite because of the memories they evoke when I listen to them. I like The Killers because I think of Marah's old room; she didn't have a cd player so we put the cd into her tv which made her small room glow blue. Then we would dance and sing!

"Somebody Told me.. that you had a girlfriend that looked like a boyfriend I had in February of LAST YEAR!!!"

I could choose Road Trippen by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, it was on the first mix cd I ever got from my sister Ruth. It was when I discovered music outside of the christian genres. Not my theme song but that song brings good memories.

I could choose so many. I know I wont choose any that remind me of a boy though, I kind of want to. The songs have nice melodies and would be 'cool' but I know that definitely wouldn't be my theme song. Now the search begins...(so melodramatic!)

And then I have to find a life verse and saying...

















I have a lot of verses tapped to my cabinet but they arent normal versus.. (by that I mean) when I read them I dont even see them as coming from the bible, but as special notes someone left for me for when I am feeling especially alone.



-Linds

No comments: