Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shutup.. please, Im full

This week I've been fiddling with alot of things.. heres one: All my life people have be telling me I'm blunt. Sometimes they compliment this trait but most of the time I am reminded that being blunt about a topic isnt always the best way to go about doing things. To put it simply people these days get offended very easily, at even the hint of bluntness coming from someone else. As a result I've shut up about ideas and opinions that matter the most to me. (I still haven't stopped on things that dont matter as much... and my family for that matter has had to endure everything). So lately I have been stepping up for myself, sometimes it offends but it doesnt matter, because at that point being a push-over is other alternative, and that is no longer and option

Another...: I am not the most bubbly creature you have ever met, and I dont get all googly eyed over every (any) man-boy in line of sight, but I tend to hide my opinions with the guys that like me. I let them make me all mushy and unopinionated. Regrettably I start taking up their characteristics and likes, and they aren't always the most desirable either. And, to make matters even sicker I use the same excuse.. Your going to die. Laughing or screaming either way petrified that this thought could have gone through an outspoken young lady's head. I thought that if I told them that something bothered me I was being too blunt, that it would offend. I thought that if I mentioned something I liked or something that I wanted to do, that I was being too pushy, that I might offend. I felt like an inconvenience when I talked about things that mattered, if they didnt matter to him, so I didnt. (maybe this isnt a shocker.. but looking back it shocks me that I was that.. moldable). Now it has also come to my attention that I know plenty of guys that I can talk to for hours, that I feel so comfortable around, so myself, but for some reason I never end up with them. I end up with the more quite, holds all their cards close, type of guys. Why am I attracted to that?


Lastly: For the past month I have been taking advice as it is out dished at me. Actually on more than one occasion I have asked for it to be dished. I'll take another Brendan Scrambled with extra cheese, or a Godburger, hold the God. To say the least I got fat. Right now I am trying to slim down, maybe by actually start doing things (well not everything.. but normally I just listen and .. it collects and goes to my thighs). Im not saying that it goes in one ear and out the other, I remember most everything but I never act on it. I have been fed so much advice lately I feel like I have a bad case of the Thanksgiving gut. Im so used to talking about my problems that its going to hard for me to stop, and its perfectly natural for everyone to tell me how to fix these problems (their damn human natures). So, to say the least I've got to suck up my own problems, maybe I should try this rule of finger.. never ask for advice unless I've actually tried to do something about my problem, and if I honestly cant think of a way to solve it.. Then I'll ask, because then I'll really be hungery for your latest dish.




RUN FATBOY RUN YOU have to see it!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachael Rydbeck said...

Looking forward to the movie...and giving solicited advice. :)

Though I have to say, the only recently unsolicited advice I have given has been about your driving. Any blogs on that to come?